|Inside:||78.5″L x 23.25″W x 16″H||Inside||80″L x 26″W x 18″H|
|Outside||80″L x 26″W x 18.25″H||Outside||82″L x 29.75″W x 20″H|
|Walnut (when available)||$4000|
|Oversized Stained Oak||$3600|
#1 Premium Rectangular Casket
A beautiful example of elegant design and distinguished understatement, the #1 Premium Rectangular Casket is our most popular model and is the ideal choice for traditional wakes and funerals. A classic example of the woodworker’s art, it features intricate, heirloom-quality construction and joinery, and is available in Walnut and Natural or Stained Oak. An over-sized model is also available in this style. This casket includes an enhanced upholstery upgrade for the interior lid panel and pillow.
This is our only hinged-lid model.
Personalization Package $375
Includes: casket, guest book and four keepsake crosses all personalized with engraved name and dates.
Why your purchase is special
Every human being is a treasure and each casket and urn is built to reflect the treasure it holds. Every casket, urn and cross is blessed by a monk. (our Prayers)
- The name of each person buried in one of our caskets or urns is inscribed in our Memorial Book placed in the chapel at Trappist Caskets.
- As a living memorial, a tree seedling is planted in the monastic forest on the Abbey grounds as our way to honor your loved one and to give back to the earth. This planting is consecrated with a special blessing.
- A Mass is celebrated in memory of those who use one of our blessed vessels for their final repose.
Your Right to Buy a Casket
Each year, Americans grapple with many questions as they spend billions of dollars arranging funerals for family members and friends. Don’t be discouraged in what you hear from your funeral home.
Each year, Americans grapple with many questions as they spend billions of dollars arranging funerals for family members and friends. The increasing trend toward pre-need planning – when people make funeral arrangements in advance – suggests that many consumers want to compare prices and services so that ultimately, the funeral reflects a wise and well-informed purchasing decision, as well as a meaningful one.
Many funeral providers offer various “packages” of commonly selected goods and services that make up a funeral. But when you arrange for a funeral, you have the right to buy individual goods and services. That is, you do not have to accept a package that may include items you do not want.
According to the Federal Trade Commission:
- You have the right to choose only the funeral goods and services you want.
- The funeral provider may not refuse, or charge a fee, to handle a casket you bought elsewhere.
- The funeral provider must provide you with a general price list.
- If state or local law requires you to buy any particular item, the funeral provider must disclose it on the price list, with a reference to the specific law.
- A funeral provider that offers cremations must make alternative containers available.
How To Order
We believe the purchase of a casket is a deeply sacred and personal experience. Because we offer an inventory of ready-to-ship caskets and urns in all makes and models, we can help you the best if you call us directly at 888-433-6934. Together we will arrive at a personalized decision for you. For that reason we do not accept orders online.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Central Time. If your needs are urgent, please leave a message with our 24-hour answering service and we will return your call immediately.
We offer finely-detailed, custom laser engraving on our caskets and wooden urns, adding character to your purchase and, hopefully, a level of closure for family and friends. This is done just prior to shipping, even for immediate deliveries.
Deliveries can be made to funeral homes, private residences, or other destinations. We will have your casket or urn delivered in 1-2 business days to most destinations. We will gladly work with you to determine the best shipping option to meet your needs. Extra charges may apply for weekend delivery.
Caskets are shipped via our own truck within the region, reliable over-the-road freight carriers, or by overnight air freight. Urns are typically shipped via Federal Express Ground.
Shipping charges for caskets vary depending on destination. Options and quotes will be discussed when you call or you can refer to our Shipping Estimator. Urns cost $35 to ship via Federal Express Ground to the lower 48 states.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover, Money Order or personal check for all orders. Please call to discuss payment options.